Enhancing Community Business was created by Andrew Williams who has spent over 25 years within the Human Services sector. He has worked at all 3 levels of government as well as holding executive and general management roles in a large National Not-for-profit agency. Andrew has significant experience in:
- Developing and preparing tenders and submissions
- Providing short, medium, and long term business strategies within Human Service Agencies, especially Disability Services
- Developing risk management and other key business processes within not-for-profit environments
- Managing complex multi-site community based services across large geographical areas, Significant experience in the development and assessment of service viability models
- Communicating and consulting with a broad cross section of people, communities, and environments (government, service users, families, staff, boards of management, volunteers, etc).
Sarah has over thirty years experience working with the community sector in Australia and the UK. Her in-depth experience in community and social work, from grass roots to a senior level has given her an insight and understanding into the challenges people face.
She works with individuals and organisations to create sustainable frameworks that empower choice and change. Her mission is to create new pathways for sustainable transformation and change in leaders and the people they lead. Sarah taps into the true leadership potential of individuals and their innate capacity to become effective change-makers.
Much of Sarah’s work at the moment involves assisting individuals and organisations ready themselves for the changes in the disability sector and community care sector through great customter service.
Dr Dominique Parrish
Dominique has spent over 23 years in the education sector, specialising in policy and resource development, web-based training and project management. Dominique has significant expertise in the area of Emotional Intelligence and leadership and has a wealth of practical experience in adult education in both government and non-government agencies.
Dominique has been heavily involved in Resilience and Drug Education initiatives facilitating the development of policies and resources for Drug Education and Student Health and Well-being, conducting student focus groups around resilience and well-being. Dominique has delivered numerous professional development, drug education and resilience workshops in schools to teachers and school executives, at conferences to drug education consultants and in sessions with parents. She has been directly involved with a number of the REDI suite of resources as a member of steering committees, in the sub-editing development and production of the resources and in writing resource content.
Most recently Dominique has broadened her resilience focus to include work environments and leadership; she has been developing training packages and conducting professional development in organisations to promote resilience and emotional intelligence in leaders and is currently researching the benefits and requirements of resilient, emotionally intelligent organisations and work environments.
Wendy Williams has over 21 years experience as a Registered Nurse and is a Clinical Nurse Consultant within ECB. As well as providing support to our client agencies on matters relating to Clinical Governance, Medical Case Management Review, and Medication Management; Wendy also coordinates much of the administration and corporate support for ECB.
Wendy has significant experience in:
- Nursing Care Plans
- Competency Based Assessment within a nursing and residential care environment
- The requirements of supporting individuals with complex health care needs
Andrew is a Social Worker with qualifications for UNSW (BSW) and Monash University (MSW). He has 18 years experience in a variety of positions within the NSW Department of Community Services.
Andrew has held CEO and General Manager Roles in 2 Human Service organizations, which provided services for children, families and people with a disability.
Andrew’s specific expertise includes:
- Tender writing in the areas of Out of Home Care (OOHC), Children and Family, Youth Services, Community Housing and SAAP
- Assisting organisations gain Accreditation to provide OOHC services
- Social Work Assessment of individuals and families.
- Business Development in the Human Service / Not for Profit context.
- Policy Development & Program Review
Tanya comes to ECB with over 16 years experience in the welfare sector, working in both Government and Non-government agencies. Tanya has worked in senior management positions in both disability services and out-of-home-care services, coordinating growth and quality in a number of areas across these two service portfolios.
Tanya has particular expertise in the gaining of accreditation for agencies within Integrated Monitoring Framework (NSW) and Office of the Children’s Commissioner and Guardian (NSW).
Tanya’s other expertise includes:
- Quality Management and Review
- Policy Development and Review
- Development of Service Structure and Systems
- Development and Structuring of New Services
Lisa is the mother of a young man living with disabilities. Currently she assists her son with self-managing his individualised funding package, as well as guest lecturing at TAFE.
Lisa has worked in the community welfare sector for approximately 18 years. During this time, she has held positions including Direct Care Worker, Project Officer, Regional Coordinator and Inclusive Networks Consultant. She holds a Diploma in Social Science (Community Welfare) and a Certificate II in Auslan.
Lisa has presented at and participated in National and International conferences, including the Australasian Society for Intellectual Disability (ASID) Conference, Down Under Institute (DUI), and My Voice, My Choice Conference. She is a member of the ABCD Asia Pacific Network, and a proactive member of a parent committee for a local disability service. She is a strong supporter of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and believes all people have a right and ability to contribute to the community.
Lisa brings a wealth of experience and understanding to ECB from a consumer perspective.
NSW - (02) 8011 4521
QLD - (07) 3102 4521
SA - (08) 8121 8163
WA - (08) 9467 7653
VIC - (03) 9010 5053